About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, December 26, 2013

Goose Island - Brand Stout





Goose Island - Bourbon County

Brand Stout - Stout aged in bourbon barrels aged in the bottle over 5 years!

Beer 7 of the 12 beers of Christmas, but since there was nothing with swans I got Goose Island

The color of this brew is black.  It's one of the darkest beers I have seen.  The head, was a nice deep brown.  No light gets through this beer, it is a black hole.  Very intriguing.

The aroma this brew gives off a sweet smell.  There are notes of molasses, chocolate, and a alcohol.  There is a slight hint of smoke, and dark fruit.  The smell is very interesting.  The alcohol is mild on the nose, and balanced well with the other scents.

On the palate this beer has flavor coming from everywhere.  The smooth creamy brew has a very mild carbonation, with hints of dark fruit like cherries, chocolate, molasses and vanilla.  The alcohol adds a wonderful warming sensation on the backend perfect for a cold winter night.  The flavors go together very well and are nicely blended so no one flavor sticks out more than another.

This 14.2% abv stout is awesome.  It has wonderful flavor, a nice body to it, and goes down very smoothly.  It is a fantastic beer to sip, and to take your time enjoying it.  9 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment