About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, December 23, 2013

The Bruery - 6 Geese-A-Laying





The Bruery

6 Geese-A-Laying: Seasonal winter ale brewed with gooseberries

This is obviously the 6th day of Christmas beer in the collection my wife got me.  The name says it all.

The color of this beer is is a reddish/brown very similar to the color of cider.  It has the same look to it too.  It's a cloudy brew with a great deal of depth to it.  It has a nice fade as it reaches the edges of the glass.

The aroma of this beer is sweet, fruity and candy like.  There is a definite note of alcohol in the smell of this beer.  The fruit in the aroma is subtle, but the smell of sugar, like hard candy is the most prominent. To me it is a wonderful smelling beer, and makes me want to drink it.

On the palate the brew is sweet, and smooth with a slight carbonation.  There is a nice warming sensation on the backside of the beer which comes from the alcohol, it is 11.5% abv.  The alcohol isn't something you can really taste though, it is nicely masked but all the flavor.  The candy like fruitiness has a cherry, and darker fruit taste to it.  There is a slight tartness that helps to balance out the sweetness a little bit.   

This beer is one of my favorites of this holiday season.  I love the way it feels and I really love the flavor.  The gooseberries add a nice layered flavor.  I enjoy a stronger beer, and this one packs a nice little punch to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment