About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, December 22, 2013

North Coast - Old Rasputin





North Coast Brewing Co.

Old Rasputin - Russian Imperial Stout

This is the 5th beer of the 12 beers of Christmas my wife got me.  This beer has a golden ring on the bottle, incase you are wondering how it fits into the song.

The color of this brew is a nice deep brown, almost black with a reddish tint in the head and on the furthest edges of the beer.  It is a thick brown that lets no light through it.  

The aroma is nice a full of scents.  I get some roasted malt, rich cocoa and some coffee.  The smells blend together very well, and entice you to drink this beer.  There is also a nice alcohol touch to the aroma as well.  It is a welcome smell, and let's me think this beer will warm me up as I drink it.

On the palate the beer is incredibly smooth, with a mild carbonation and a wonderful bitterness on the back side of the beer.  The coffee flavor is nice and what lasts on the backend of the beer.  It is not overpowering, and is blended in well with the cocoa flavor.  The slight alcohol essence adds a nice warming aspect to the beer.

This beer is just plain good.  It has a nice balance to it, and enough body and flavor to keep you wanting more.  The aroma is nice, and enticing, while the look of this beer screams a quality stout.   

No comments:

Post a Comment