About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, December 14, 2013

Brasserie - Saison Dupont





Brasserie Dupont Brewery

Saison Dupont - Belgian Farmhouse Ale

This is the 3rd beer in the 12 beers of Christmas my wife got me.  A french beer, inspired by the 3 french hens.

The color of this beers is a hazy, translucent orange/straw color.  It's a very typical color and appearance for a saison.  

The aroma of this beer has a nice yeastiness too it.  You can get a get a citrus/lemon tartness.  You can also get notes of straw, and a little clove spice.  Its a mild smelling beer, with nothing overpowering.  It's a balanced aroma, but not really one that invites you to drink the beer.

On the palate the beer has a prickly carbonation that stings the tongue.  The mild clove spice adds a little bit of body to the beer.  The lemon flavor is mild and blended will into the the beer and pairs well with the yeast and malty characters of the beer.  Saisons sometimes has a funkiness to them, and this one definitely does.  There is a slight alcohol note in this beer that gives off a little warmth.  

Overall, this is a solid saison.  Saisons can be hit or miss, like a lot of beers, but I feel like this beer style is the easiest to screw up and make a just terrible beer.  This saison however is pretty good.  It is not something that will appeal to everyone, since the style is so distinctive.  I am not a fan of the carbonation of this brew, but the flavors are nice and very clean.  A good saison. 


No comments:

Post a Comment