About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, December 19, 2013

21st Amendment - Fireside Chat





21st Amendment Brewery

Fireside Chat - Strong ale mixed with seasonal winter spices

This is the 4th day (4 calling birds) in the 12 beers of Christmas my wife got me.  The beer is in honor of FDR's radio chats, so he was making a call to America, so we have the calling connection.

The color of this beer is a wonderful chestnut brown with a slight red hue coming through in the light.  It is a clear beer, but the color makes it hard to see through.  The head of the beer is laces down the glass wonderfully adding a nice look to the beer as you drink. 

The aroma from this beer is a nice roasted malt.  There are also hints of cinnamon and nutmeg.  The nose also gets hit with a slight sweetness.  The smell isn't overpowering, it is very subtle, sneaky in a way.

On the palate the beer is a little light in body for me.  The backend has a nice balanced bitterness that goes along with the slight sweetness that you associate with the spices.  The beer has a slight brown ale feel to it.  There is a mild carbonation, and the beer goes down smoothly.

Overall this beer is ok.  The can art is awesome and makes me smile.  THe setting of FDR and an Elf having a conversation is just funny.  I think the body of this beer is a little weak.  The flavors aren't bad, but I wish the spices were a little bit stronger.  Overall it's a decent beer, 6.5 - 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment