About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, January 1, 2014

DuClaw - Retribution 2013




DuClaw Brewing Co.

Retribution - Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels

The color of this beer is a thick, rich black with a nice dark brown head.  On light at all can be seen through this beer, not even on the edges.  It looks like melted dark chocolate syrup, but an adult version of it.

The aroma this beer gives off is a nice balanced smell of alcohol and roasted malt.  There is also a hint of coffee and chocolate.  All these scents combined really make this beer enticing to drink.

On the palate the beer has a mild carbonation that helps make this a smooth beer to drink.  This beer has nice flavors of chocolate and coffee that balance well with the alcohol flavor this beer gives off from aging in the bourbon barrels.  There is also a sweetness in this beer, a little hint of sugary candy.  The finish leaves my tongue a little dry and the beer warms the mouth and throat long after you finish your swallow.

This is the second year I have had a bottle of Retribution for News Years day.  If this beer keeps being this good, I will have to continue with this new tradition long into the future.  It's a fantastic brew with tons if flavor and nice body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment