About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

d'Achouffe - N'Ice Chouffe





Brasserie d'Achouffe

N'Ice Chouffe - Belgian Dark Ale - Seasonal Ale with thyme and curacoa

The color of this is a reddish-copper.  It is completely transparent, and gives everything a nice reddish tint when you look through it.

The aroma of this brew is very yeasty.  There is a slight citrus hint as well.  The scent is mild but pleasant.  There is nothing overpowering about it.  There is also a slight earthiness.

On the palate this beer has a mild, prickly carbonation.  The beer doesn't have a lot of layering to the flavor they kind of all blend together.  There is a nice hint of alcohol that warms the back of the throat, and with this beer being 10% abv, that should be expected.  There is a candy, caramel flavor that appears on the front end of the beer.  The citrus, and herbal flavors are mashed together, and each time you take a sip you notice one or the other.  On the front end of the beer, it kind of slaps you, and makes you notice the dark ale strength of this beer.

Overall, the more I drink this beer, the more I like it.  I do like stronger beers, with a lot of flavor, and this beer qualifies.  This is an excellent dark ale, that is drinkable, even though it has a higher abv, and pretty smooth.  A fantastic beer.

Beer #1 of the 12 Beers of Christmas my wife got me as my present.  There weren't any good pear beer options, so she got me a beer with a pair of Gnomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment