About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, August 4, 2014

DuClaw - Neon Gypsy




DuClaw Brewing Co.

Neon Gypsy - India Pale Ale

The color of this beer is orangey-gold.  It's an awesome color that is slightly transparent, and has a small white head.  The head goes down quickly and leaves no lacing.  Even thing about the look of this beer is clean and fresh.  

The aroma of this brew gives off a wonderful notes of grapefruit and citrus.  There is an underlying smell of pines, and strong hop kick on the backside.  Nothing about this aroma says weak, or lacking flavor.  It's an aroma that makes you want to drink this beer.

On the palate the mild carbonation is perfect for the amount of flavor that this beer gives off.  The flavor of this beer is very unique.  There is a grapefruit flavor that is crisp and clean.  Then you notice a piney flavor.  The pine flavor is subtle but a pleasant complement to the grapefruit.  The backend of this beer finishes cleanly.  There is a mild bitterness at first, then it gets a little strong, like a crescendo in music, but it disappears quickly.  

Overall, this is one of my favorite IPA's.  I love the flavor, and the finish if the beer.  It isn't heavy, but it is a beer that makes you want to sip it because of the flavor, not because it is heavy.  The color is awesome and the aroma is very well done.  I would highly recommend this beer.  I give this beer a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment