About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, August 9, 2014

Deschutes - Inversion IPA




Deschutes Brewery

Inversion IPA

The beer pours a bright copper with hints of red.  It is an awesome color, with a nice depth, but also let's just a little bit of light through.  The head of this beer is a nice bright white, it doesn't leave a bit of lacing.  Overall it is a great looking beer.

The aroma of this beer is slightly sweet, with some citrus notes.  There are also some floral notes.  The smell of this beer is well balanced and not overpowering.  The sweetness is first thing you notice, but the hoppiness hits you second and hangs around for a while.  

On the palate the mild carbonation leads you to a very smooth beer.  The flavors are blended together, and come at you all at once, unlike some IPA'sk where there is more of a take your turn aspect to the flavors.  You definitely get some malty sweetness, it blends well with the citrus notes and the floral notes and you notice lastly.  There is a mild bitterness that remains on the backend, but is dies away nicely and leaves you wanting more.

Overall this is a very nice brew.  The color is awesome, and one of the nicest looking beers I have seen in a while.  The aroma has enough power to it to be enticing without being overpowering.  The flavors are well balanced and well done.  This beer has some really nice flavor and is worth a try.  I give it a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment