About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, August 22, 2014

The Pike Brewing Co. - Monk's Uncle




The Pike Brewing Co.

Monk's Uncle - Tripel

The color of this beer is a golden straw color.  The head is a pure white, that is light and goes away pretty quickly.  No lacing is left on the glass.  The beer has a nice haze to it that makes it translucent.  The color is nice and rich in the middle and fades nicely towards the edges.

The aroma of this brew gives off a sweet fruity smell.  The is a slight clove spice and a bit of breadiness.  The aromas a light and well balanced, they are not overbearing.  It's a nice overall aroma, but nothing special about it.

On the palate the mild carbonation gives way to a mildly sweet beer, that has notes of banana and some spice.  The beer finishes with a slight bitterness that ends dry.  The spice is very mild, barely gives off any warming sensation.  The bitterness lingers for a while and sits on the middle of the tongue.  For a beer with an abv of 9% there is no alcohol flavor which is surprising.

Overall this small time brewery produced a decent beer.  It has a nice aroma, and decent flavor.  I wish there was more spice, and that the bitterness didn't last as long.  Even with all that said, it is a refreshing beer that tastes pretty good.  I give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment