About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, August 16, 2014

Breckenridge - Agave Wheat Ale




Breckenridge Brewery

Agave Wheat Ale - Agave Nectar Wheat Ale

The color of this beer is a wonderful golden orange.  The beer is translucent, with a nice glow to it.  The color has some depth to it.  The head went away fairly quickly, but left a slight ring around the edge of the beer.

The aroma of this beer gives off a bready earthiness.  There is a slight sweetness to it.  That is about all it gives off.  The aroma is pretty much just the bready scent and a slight sweetness.  

On the palate this beer is smooth with a mild carbonation.  There is slight sweetness from the agave.  The overall flavor I notice is the bread body.  It is rather dominate, but not in a bad way.  The beer ends leaving the palate slightly dry and wanting more.  The bread and agave play well with each other.  It makes for an interesting beer.

Overall I enjoyed this beer.  So people think it is ok, but I think it is pretty good.  It's smooth, drinkable, refreshing, and has a nice flavor.  It could have a little more to it in the flavor department but it's not a bad brew at all.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment