About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, August 24, 2014

Dogfish Head - Burton Baton




Dogfish Head Brewery

Burton Baton - Oak aged Imperial IPA, a two thread blend that is fermented together in oak barrels

The color of this beer is a rich copper, with a nice orange glow at the edges.  It is a translucent beer, which has a nice looking body to it.  The head had a little bit of beige in it, it was quick to dissipate, but left a tiny little ring around the beer edge.

The aroma gives off nice citrus notes.  There is a nice malty backbone hidden in the aroma.  There is a little bit of a sweetness too.  There is also a great and enticing alcohol smell.  Some people might not like that smell, but it draws me in.

On the palate the slightly prickly carbonation leads way to a smooth, flavorful beer.  The flavor I get first is of caramel and a creamy vanilla.  Then I notice the citrus and hops.  This beer leads you in with it's smoothness and flavor of caramel and vanilla, then it hits you with a nice citrus and piney hop flavor.  There is a little bitterness that lingers on the back of the tongue.  The oak aging definitely masks the strength of this beer and keeps everything in line.  

This is a fantastic beer that should be tried by everyone alive.  The color, aroma, and flavor are all awesome.  It is a strong beer, so please don't guzzle, and if you do, you will miss out on how good this beer is.  I give this brew a 4.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment