About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, July 18, 2014

Flying Fish - Farmhouse Summer Ale




Flying Fish Brewing Co.

Farmhouse Summer Ale - An American Blonde Ale

The color of this beer is a crystal clear straw yellow.  The head came and went very quickly and left no lacing on the glass.  

The aroma of this beer is faint, nearly nonexistent leaving a slight biscuit aroma.  There is also a mild sweetness, from fruit, maybe lemons.  It is difficult  figure out since the aromas are so muted.

On the palate the barely there carbonation leads the way for a beer that is light, crisp, and lacking flavor.  The biscuit flavor from the malt gives way to a grassy, lemon flavor.  It doesn't have much else going on.  There is a little bit of muddled flavors as an after taste, which doesn't make me want to keep drinking.

Sadly I feel this beer falls flat.  While it is easy drinking, there is no aroma, and the flavors are disappointing.  There isn't much going on.  I will only be drinking the rest of this because I don't want to waste it, plus I took the picture of it.  I give this beer 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment