About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, August 15, 2014

Lazy Magnolia - Backwoods Belgian




Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co.

Backwoods Belgian - Belgian golden ale brewed with honeysuckle tea

The color of this beer is a nice golden color with hues of orange.  The head came and went as quickly as I have ever seen.  The beer is slightly transparent, with a little bit of haziness that makes it hard to see through.  It's not an exciting looking brew, but it looks good.

The aroma that this brew gives off has notes of honey, that is the strongest, but it also has some citrus and banana notes.  There is also a nice backing of bready maltiness that is coupled with a hint of clove.  It smells fantastic, just makes my mouth water.

On the palate the prickly carbonation leads you to a nice a plethora of flavor that is balanced and awesome.  This beer gives you a nice balance of flavor.  The honeysuckle is nice, and blends extremely well the citrus flavor and the banana.  The clove spice kicks in at the backend and slightly warms the mouth. It's a nice finish for the beer.

Overall this beer is one this years favorites.  The aroma is fantastic, it is not to strong, but gives enough scents to let you know what you are going to drink.  Th flavors or where this beer shines.  It is well done.  Nothing to crazy, but flavorful, tasty, balanced, and fantastic.  This is my favorite beer this summer, it's a shame it sold anywhere near me and I had to go to the south for a wedding to find it.  I give this beer a 4.5 out of 5!  Go and get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment