About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lazy Magnolia - Southern Pecan




Lazy Magnolia Brewery

Southern Pecan - A nut brown ale

The color of this beer looks like a rich mahogany.  The red and brown tones play off this translucent brew to make a nice looking beer.  The beige head comes and goes so quickly you barely notice it is there.  

The aroma of this beer gives off some nice scents.  There is a sugary sweetness, caramel, a nuttiness, and a slight breadiness.  The smell is not overpowering, and nicely done.  There is enough to it to entice you to drink.  

On the palate the caramel sweetness is what I notice first.  Then I get a sweeter nut flavor.  There is. It taste of the breadiness that I got in the aroma.  The malt, nut, and very , much so the caramel.  The caramel is the most dominate flavor.  The nut brown flavor is in the background and is what I feel finishes off the taste.  

Overall this is an easy drinking brew.  It's is maybe too easy to drink,but with an abv of 4.3% you can have a couple.  The aroma is pretty good, with some nice enticing scents.  The beer has a lighter body, and a sweeter taste than I am used to with nut brown ales, but I still like it.  Definitely a beer worth a try.
I give this beer a 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment