About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, September 16, 2013

Sierra Nevada - Ovila




Sierra Nevada Brewery

Ovila - Abbey Saison

The color of this beer is a wonderful burnt orange.  The color of this beer is really nice and inviting.

The aroma of this beer give off a wonderful citrus scent of orange and a little bit lemon.  There is also a wonderful pepper aroma that Ovila gives the nose. 

On the palate this beer has a slight creaminess, it's slight and works well with the citrus/orange taste in Ovila.  The pepper provides the beer with a little punch and balances out the citrus.  The pepper sits on the tongues a little while, so if you take your time drinking beer like I do you will notice.  

I have had this beer for a while, and I have had it a few times.  Each time I have it I enjoy it a little more.  I can honestly say though that it is not a beer for everyone.  I enjoy beers with some interesting flavors, and this is one.  Make sure you drink at the proper temperature, it can't be ice cold.  This beer definitely needs to warm up a little before drinking.   

No comments:

Post a Comment