About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, September 23, 2013

Pumple Drumkin




Cisco Brewers Nantucket

Pumple Drumkin - Ale brewed with pumpkins and spice

The color of this beer is a bright, and shiny burnt orange.  No cloudiness, and no depth to the color, you  are able to see right through this beer.

The aroma of Pumple Drumkin fills the nose with nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice, and some raw pumpkin.           The spice is paramount with very little bit of the pumpkin scent.

On the palate this beer is a very different kind of pumpkin beer.  Flavors all kind of muddle together, nothing stands out, not that it is a bad thing, just a different thing.  The beer's prickly carbonation hits the tongue first, then follows the flavors appear, but are hard to make out.  There are hints of meat pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon and a slight tartness.

This is an interesting brew.  The flavor of this beer is not to bad, it just doesn't have layers to it like some beers do.  Instead of the flavors appearing one after the other, they kind of come at you all at once.  A unique approach to a seasonal pumpkin ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment