About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, September 27, 2013

Amarcord Brewery - Bruna




Amarcord Brewery

Bruna - Dubbel

The color of this beer is a wonderful rich hazelnut brown.  It's a wonderful color with some slight reddish hues around the outside.

The aroma of this beer is sweet, roasted malt with hints of fig and toffee.  The sweetness of this beer is the first thing you notice, and then it is followed by a hit of alcohol.  The other scents come after the alcohol gives way.

On the palate this beer is a little bit of an in you face at first.  Alcohol is the first thing you notice.  The beer is 7.5% abv and it makes the most of it.  After that you notice the wonderful balance of toffee and fig.  It's actually the best part of the beer.  As the beer rolls back on your tongue and in between sips, the layers of the flavor really come out.  If the alcohol was as strong up front I would like this beer even more.

To be honest, I didn't mind the alcohol being the first thing I noticed, but I know it isn't for everyone.  I am a fan of beers like this and this one didn't disappointment me.  Being that I never heard of this beer, or brewery, I got it while out with no information given.  I thought it had a lot of flavor, nice aroma and color.  Worth a try if you are up for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment