About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, September 25, 2013

River Horse - Hipp-O-Lantern




River Horse Brewing Co.

Hipp-O-Lantern - Imperial Pumpkin Ale

The color of this beer is a nice rich light brown with a slight copper/orange hue.  

The aroma of this beer is gives off a nice nutmeg, cinnamon and molasses scents.  I don't get any of the pumpkin puree the beer is supposed to be brewed with.

On the palate the beer has a nice amount of nutmeg and cinnamon.  There is a mild sense of the pumpkin puree on the backend of this beer.  This is a little bit of a stronger beer at 8.5% abv, and it makes sure you know the alcohol is there.  Overall, the most potent flavor of this beer is the molasses.  It's a little over powering.

Overall this beer is just ok to me.  I think there is too much molasses, and not enough pumpkin.  I also wouldn't mind a little more of the cinnamon.  I love the color of this beer though, it's really nice.  This isn't a bad beer, and you can't please everyone all the time, and that is me with this beer.  If i had to give it a rating it would be a 5.5/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment