About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, September 13, 2013

Grieskircher Weisse




Brauerei Grieskirchner

Weisse

This is more of a summer, I know, it was in the back of my fridge, so I figured I better drink it before the end of september, and it was 90 degrees the last few days, so I think I am allowed.

The color of this beer is nice light yellow-orange.  There is a nice cloudiness from the yeast that adds a little depth to the color.

The aroma of this beer gives off nice notes of cloves, banana and a hint of grass.  The fruit smell is mild compare to the clove.  

On the palate the beer is light, with some crisp carbonation.  The flavors of banana, and clove come together nicely on the tongue.  There is also a hint of lemon, that wasn't there in the smell.  The beer feels a little watery, but it's not too bad.  

This is a beer best drank on a hot day.  It is crisp, refreshing, and easy to drink.  It has a decent amount of flavor but could use a little more body for me.  A pretty good beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment