About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thomas Creek - Castaway





Thomas Creek Brewery


Castaway Chocolate Orange IPA

The color of this beer is a deep, clear copper.  It's actually quite wonderful.  It is exactly what I imagined when I read the name of this beer.

The aroma of this brew is strong with a earthy pines, a slight bit of citrus, and on the backend a nice chocolate hit.  As the beer warms, the chocolate really comes out and makes you want to drink this beer all that much more.

On the palate this beer has a lot going on.  The orange flavor combines with the pine hops to make a nice full bodied flavor.  The chocolate flavor is very mild.  It's not as strong as I would like it to be.  I wish there was more of the chocolate flavor in the body of the beer, but at least there is a little bit.

Overall this is a decent beer.  I haven't had a Thomas Creek beer since a 2011 beerfest, so it was nice to get one.  I really like the idea of this beer.  The flavors are nice, and pretty well balanced.  If you are an IPA fan definitely try this beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment