About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, November 10, 2013

Dogfish Head - Raison D'être

Dogfish Head brewery

Raison D'être 

The color of the beer is a rich deep brown.  It is thick and lets just a little bit if light through it.  There is also a slight red to the color that comes out when you look a little closer.

The aroma of this beer gives off scents of hard sugary candy.  It is sweet smelling with a hint of alcohol.  There is also a bready maltiness that has a slight hint of caramel as well.  It is an overpowering smell, but sweet and since I like hard candy I find the smell enjoyable.

On the palate beer is not as sweet as it smells.  There is a bready malt flavor, and a sweetness from dark fruits like cherries.  There is also a quick taste of caramel on the very from part of this beer.  The finish leaves you with a roasted warmth from the malts.  This part of the beer lingers for a while and that's kind of nice, it means you don't have to keep sipping to have the taste of the beer.

Overall this beer is decent.  The flavors are not to clean, they kind of middle together, but it doesn't taste bad.  It just leaves me wanting a little more.  My favorite part of this beer is the smell.  I wish the flavor just had more to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment