About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, November 21, 2013

New Holland - Dragon's Milk




New Holland Brewing Co.

Dragon's Milk - Bourbon Barrel Stout

The color of this beer is thick, deep and rich dark brown.  The head of the beer has a brownish tint to it as well.  The beer is barely translucent, almost no light comes through this beer.

The aroma of this brew gives off nice tones of chocolate, booze and vanilla.  The alcohol smell is strong but not overpowering.  The first thing I actually noticed was the chocolate smell.  The backend of the beer's smell has a slight spike to it, and that is where I notice the vanilla.

On the palate this beer has a strong bourbon / alcohol taste.  The The notes of vanilla and chocolate help to smooth the beer out a little bit, but not enough to take the alcohol sting out of the beer.  There is also a decent maltiness to this beer, but again the alcohol heat is the thing that you get the most.

For me this beer is way to much alcohol flavor.  I love, I mean love strong beers, but this one for me gives off to much of that pure alcohol flavor.  The vanilla, chocolate and roasted flavors of this beer are awesome, but they are masked by the alcohol.  I am not crazy about this beer, it's just ok to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment