About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, November 14, 2013

Breckenridge - Regal




Breckenridge Brewery

Regal - Double Pilsner

The color of this brew is a nice slightly hazy golden orange.  The heart of the beer is a nice rich gold that fades out nicely to a yellow/orange.  A very nice color for a pilsner style beer.

The aroma of this beer is a slight fruitiness that gives of a hint of citrus.  The beer also gives off a slight hop aroma.  Overall the aroma is faint without a lot of muscle to it.  You really have to stick your nose in the glass to smell what this beer is like.

On the palate Regal has some needly carbonation that hits the tongue and then gives off a well balanced flavor.  This brew has some notes of grass, lemon and mixes in a nice malty backbone.  The beer then transitions to finish with a slightly bitter backend.  The beer finishes dry and kind of make you smack the mouth.

I am not a pilsner fan normally, but this one isn't too bad.  First of all, the bottle art is freaking awesome, and for the bottle alone I would buy this beer.  This is a pretty good beer, and worth trying if you like Pilsners, especially a Pils with some body to it.  There is some nice flavor, and gives me faint IPA feel.  Go get one.    

No comments:

Post a Comment