About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Stoudts - Oktober Fest

 



Stoudts Brewery

Oktober Fest - Fall seasonal ale

The color of this beer is a crisp, clear amber with some red tones.  It is a nice, traditional color for this style of beer.

The aroma of the brew gives off a nice grassy hop.  There are also notes of caramel and a light sugary sweetness.  The aroma is balanced and pleasant.  

On the palate the roasted malt is the first thing you notice.  It is smooth and inviting.  The backend of the beer gives off a nice floral hop that finishes smoothly down the tongue.  The carbonation is light, not at all prickley on the tongue, which adds nicely to the flavor of the beer.

Overall I find this seasonal beer to be very good and easy to drink.  Definitely a beer worth trying.  The balance of sweetness and bitterness was very nice and there was a nice distinction between the flavors.  A well done beer by Stoudts.

No comments:

Post a Comment