About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, November 30, 2013

DuClaw - Pumpkin Retribution




DuClaw Brewing Co.

Pumpkin Retribution - Pumpkin Stout aged in bourbon barrels

The color of this beer is a dark, rich brown.  The color reminds me of either melted chocolate or and Italian espresso.  No light gets through this beer, it's to dark and has too much body.

The aroma of this beer subtle.  There are hints of chocolate, alcohol, roast malt, vanilla and coffee.  Nothing really jumps out, the overall aroma is very mild and sneaky.  

On the palate this beer is smooooooth.  It coats the tongue nicely with flavor.  You can definitely taste the bourbon in this beer and it leaves a pleasant warming alcohol after taste.  The seasonal spices like nutmeg and cinnamon play well with the chocolate.  There is a slight pumpkin flavor that is just noticeable enough to really make this a nice after dinner treat.

The short answer to whether or not I like this beer is Yes!  I feel this beer is balanced and also has loads of flavor.  I love the backend of this beer, the bourbon aftertaste is wkndeful.  The balance of the flavors was very well done.  A really nice beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment