About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, November 2, 2013

Arcadia - Jaw-Jacker




Arcadia Brewing Co.

Jaw-Jacker: Ale brewed with seasonal spices

The color of this brew is a wonderful golden orange.  The beer is translucent with a slight fogginess that adds a wonderful depth to it's appearance.

The aroma of the beer has a nice clean spice to it.  There is also a hint of actual pumpkin, which is nice to find.  The spices are balanced and not one spice jumps out at you.

On the palate the beer is nice and crisp.  The carbonation is crisp on the tongue, without being prickly.  The spices are kind of all muddled together so you can't really distinguish between the cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice that the beer claims to be brewed with.  You can tell that this beer has spice, but again it's hard to tell them all apart.  On the backend of this brew you get a nice meaty pumpkin flavor with a slight bitterness.  A very nice backend to this beer.

Overall this beer is Okay.  The aroma is nice and not overdone.  Jaw-Jacker has a decent flavor, but I think it could be better.  I wish the spices stood out a little more and danced more on the tongue.  The backend of this beer was very enjoyable though.  Again, this beer isn't horrible, but it isn't my favorite of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment