About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, December 6, 2014

River Horse - Belgian Freeze




River Horse Brewing Co.

Belgian Freeze - Belgian Dark Ale

The color of this brew is a perfectly clear chestnut brown.  The beer pours with a medium head that is a little foamy, made up of tiny packed bubbles.  The head leaves a small ring on the edge of the glass that fades to the center of the beer.  

The aroma gives off a bready maltiness that also has a sweet molasses scent.  The notes given off are subtle, but sweet.  There is no bitterness in the aroma.  There is a mild alcohol scent to this brew as well.

The mild carbonation little tickles the tongue as you drink this beer.  The flavors come off sweet at first, giving you candied sugar, raisin, and a little breadiness.  On the backend there is a slight bite, to help cut off all the sweetness and leave to finish fairly clean.  It is not overally complex or a beer with a ton of layers.  There is a nice warming of the throat in between sips.  

Overall this is a pretty decent brew.  I think it is a good beer to drink while watching a football game, and hanging out with friends.  It is fairly strong at 8% ABV, so don't throws these back too quickly.  The aroma is pleasant, the flavors are straight forward and while it isn't an amazing beer, it is very good.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment