About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pizza Boy Brewing




Pizza Boy Brewing

Bean Dream - Milk Porter aged on Vanilla Beans

The color of this beer is a deep, rich brown.  The head of this beer came up about a half inch and was very fizzy.  The look of this beer reminds me of chocolate syrup, but it is not nearly as heavy.  

The aroma of this brew is pretty simple and straight forward.  It has some sweetness, a nice roasted malt, and a little cocoa.  It is not an overpowering smell, it is very subtle and pleasant.  

On the palate Bean Dream gives you a nicely balanced flavor.  The mild, and slightly fizzy carbonation leads way to a nice roasted malt, that gives way to the sweetness of the milk stout and slight flavor of the vanilla.  The beer finishes with a milk essence.  

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  It isn't amazing and boasting with flavor, but it does have a nice balanced flavor.  The sweetness of the milk Porter and flavor of the vanilla is nice.  It is definitely a beer to try.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment