About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, December 31, 2014

DuClaw - Bare Ass Blonde Ale




DuClaw Brewing Co.

Bare Ass Blonde Ale - American Blonde Ale

The color of this beer is like a pale tangerine.  The play of light orange and pale yellow add a little depth to a beer that otherwise is pretty light and translucent.  I did a slower pour so there is almost no head, but what did pop up was light and left a little ring around the edge of the glass.

The aroma from this beer is subtle, but it does have something behind it.  There are notes of malt, a grassiness, and something that is similar to white wine.  The white wine smell kind of reminds me of honey and grape.  I will say I have a stuffy nose, so I might be missing something, or adding something, but those are the smells I get from this beer.

On the palate the tiny but sharp carbonation gives way to a that is subtle in flavor, and finishes with a mix of malt and bitterness.  This beer starts off with a bit of cracker and honey, it then adds a slight floral flavor and finishes with that mix of bread and bitterness.  It's a decent overall blend of flavors.  I do like the honey-esque notes in this beer, but the finish isn't my favorite.  It won't stop me from ordering this beer though.

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  Blondes are my favorite style, but I am a person that will try anything and be open to see for what it is.  This beer has a nice aroma, I like the color and look of this brew, the flavor has aspects I like, but doesn't wow me overall.  To me is a solid beer, a stable to have when company is coming over.  I give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment