About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spring House - Big Gruesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout




Spring House Brewing Company

Big Gruesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout

The color of this beer is a deep, rich brown, that is very similar to coffee.  The head puffed up, light and fluffy.  It was a light brown in color, it was very similar to the head of an ice cream float.  The goes down slowly, and sticks around on the top of the brew for a little while.

The aroma that comes off of this beer is pretty straight forward.  I get roasted malts, slightly bitter chocolate, and peanut butter.  It's nice and well balance.  It is very enticing, it is definitely a beer with an aroma that makes you want to drink it.

On the palate the light and mildly prickly carbonation leads way to a beer that is actually fairly smooth.  The flavors of the brew don't hit you on the initial taste, but the flavors do come out.  The roasted malts are the first thing you do notice, and then the chocolate and peanut butter come out to play.  The flavors are nicely balanced, but a little bit of bitterness jumps out as you swallow.  The finish is nice and has a nice combination of flavors.

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  This aroma is nice and enticing.  On the palate is has nice flavor, but I wish it had just a little bit more.  I don't mind that the flavors kind of wait to pop, but I don't think they pop enough.  Still, it is a nice beer and worth a try.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment