About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, October 6, 2014

DuClaw - Cocoa Fuego




DuClaw Brewing Co.

Cocoa Fuega - A stout brewed with chocolate and chipotle peppers

The color of this beer is like a 72% dark chocolate bar.  Brown, nearly black in color beer, with a light brown head that came and went with ease.  Obviously this beer is completely opaque, no light gets through at all.

The aroma of this beer is malty, with hints of chocolate and a slight bit of spice.  The chocolate aroma is thick and rich, it's very pleasant.  The spice is very mild, barely even there, but it adds a little bit to the backend of the aroma.

On the palate this beer has a mild carbonation that is barely there.  The chocolate flavor is nice and smooth on the front of this beer.  There is also a little bit of maltiness.  On the backend is where the fun really begins.  This brew smoothly, and in a sneaky way gets spicier and spicier.  The beer's spice warms the back of the mouth and lingers for a little while.  This is not a beer you can drink quickly.  The two different flavors balance well together, but it does have more spice flavor for a longer period of time.

Overall this is a pretty good brew.  Spicy beer isn't my favorite kind of beer, but I actually enjoyed this one.  It has a nice balance of flavors, great aroma, and great look.  This beer is spicy without burning your throat and making you wish you had a glass of milk.  I would definitely try this beer if you are in the mood for something different.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment