About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, October 9, 2014

Round Guys - Dead Souls




Round Guys Brewing Co.

Dead Souls - Chocolate Pumpkin Porter

The color of this brew is a nearly solid chestnut.  The slightest bit of light gets through.  There is a slight bit of red on the edges of the glass.  The head bubbled up to a foamy beige color, that goes away at a medium pace. 

The aroma of this brew boasts roasted malts, and a nice sweet/bitterness of chocolate.  There is also a mild spice on the backend of the aroma.  The spice smell has a cinnamon smell to it.  It's a well balanced aroma.  As soon as I cracked the can I got a nice hit of the aroma, but the aroma is actually not overpowering.  

On the palate prickly carbonation bouncing down the tongue to deliver the flavor.  The roasted malt and chocolate flavors hit you first.  What follows is a nicely done balance of meaty pumpkin and spice. Then lastly you get at chalky finish that is common with porters and some more chocolate.  A little bitterness hits the tongue as you finish your taste, but that goes away and leaves a pleasant after taste.

Overall this is a really good pumpkin porter from a nice microbrew.  I like the color, it is very fitting for a porter, without being too dark and solid.  The aroma has body to it and delivers a nice balanced smell. Finally the flavor is well done and balanced with a ton of layers.  The chocolate, pumpkin and spice all mix well together.  It's a nicely done porter.  I give it a 4 out of 5.  Go get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment