About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pennsylvania - Pumpkin Roll Ale




Pennsylvania Brewing Co.

Pumpkin Roll Ale - seasonally spiced ale

The color of this brew is a nice chestnut brown.  The head came up white and fizzy, made up of very tiny bubbles, it was not fluffy at all.  The head disappeared very quickly and left pretty much nothing behind.

The aroma smells like a sweet peice of candy, or like vanilla cream soda.  There is no spice in the smell of this beer.  It is all sweetness.  

On the palate the sharp carbonation leads you to a very sweet beer, it actually tastes more like a bitter cream soda.  There is no spice at all in this beer.  I also don't really get any pumpkin either.  The beer is very creamy, and strong on the tip of your tongue.  There is a slight bitterness mixed in, it helps with the sweetness a little bit, but not enough.  It is one of the strangest tasting beers I have ever had.  I guess you could say it tastes like a  cake with mild pumpkin flavor and a vanilla cream icing.  There is some spice on the very backend after a few seconds after the taste.

Overall it is an interesting beer.  I am not sure if I like it or not.  It doesn't have the spice I was looking for, until you wait a few between sips, then you notice some spice.  It's just a weird beer, go get it and decide about it for yourself.  I give it a 3 out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment