About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sam Adams - Honey Queen




Samuel Adams Brewery

Honey Queen - An Braggot Ale brewed with honey, orange blossoms and camomile

The color of this beer is a completely translucent.  The golden straw color is clear with fine carbonation bubbles.  The foams up a pure white that slides down the glass and leaves a ring around the edge of the glass. 

The aroma smells musty, and bready.  There is a little bit of sweetness to the smell, along with hints of straw.  To me, it is not really a pleasant aroma.  It doesn't really entice me to drink this beer.  

On the palate the very mild carbonation gives way to a beer that is smooth and almost creamy.  You definitely get the sweetness of honey, but there is more to it than that.  I honestly have no idea what camomile tastes like, but I do know what oranges taste like and that citrus flavor is layered in very nicely.  There is mild malt essence along with a biscuit feeling to this beer. This beer finishes nicely with a hint of honey sweetness.  The brew leaves the middle of the tongue feeling a little dry.

All I have to say is thank god I am ok with this beer... My wife picked it out, and likes it.  I am happy the beer tastes nothing like it smells.  The aroma to me if off putting, but the flavor is bad.  The honey and orange work well together and actually quite pleasant.  I will gives this beer a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment