About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Sunday, October 12, 2014

Deschutes/Distelhauser - Doppel Dinkel Bock





Deschutes Brewery 
- collaboration with Distelhauser 

Doppel Dinkel Bock - Weizenbock

The color of this brew is a cherry brown.  There are hints of red mixed in with the base brown color.  The brew is a dense beer, but still translucent.  The head came up nice and foamy, with a khaki color to it.  The head went away slowly, leaving a pleasant looking ring around the edge of the glass.

The aroma of this beer comes off sweet.  Notes of candied sugar, bubblegum, some tasted malts, and a mild spice that is barely noticeable.  The smell gives you a hint that this beer will have a strong sense of alcohol and be sweeter than most beers.  

On the palate the slightly prickly carbonation sets the stare for a smooth and sweet brew.  The maltiness is very evident when you drink this beer, you notice under the sweet bubblegum and banana flavors, a nice toasted malt.  This flavor combination creates a brew that goes down way to smoothly.  The mild spice helps to balance out a sweetness a little bit.  On the very backend of this beer you can get a hint of hops.  You notice it when you take some time between sips, which I highly recommend.

This is a pretty good beer.  I really like the smooth sweetness of this beer, with a slight hop on the finish.  The sense of alcohol isn't as noticeable when drinking as it is when smelling the beer, but at 10.5 abv, you don't want to throw this beer back to quickly... But why would you want to?  It's to good to drink to fast.  I give this brew a 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment