About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, January 2, 2014

Southern Tier - Creme Brulee





Southern Tier Brewing Co.

Creme Brulee - A stout brewed with vanilla beans

This is the 8th beer in the 12 beers of Christmas my wife got me.  8 maids a milking and I got a Creme Brulee Stout with a cow on the bottle!!!

The color of this brew is a wonderfully deep brown, it's almost black in color.  The head is a nice white with hints of brown in it.  It's a complete solid beer that lets no light through. 

The aroma of this beer is amazing.  This beer hits the nose with wonderful scents of vanilla and custard.  You also get little bit of sugary sweetness hidden in with main smells.  The vanilla and custard smells are most prominent and are extremely enticing.

On the palate this beer is full of layered flavor and well balanced.  This beer has wonderful stoutiness that is blended with vanilla and milkiness.  There is also a nice caramelized sugar flavor that adds to the Creme Brulee aspect of the beer.  The carbonation is mild and the beer is very smooth and goes down a little to easily.  

Overall this is a sweeter stout.  It has a ton of flavor and it has a very enticing aroma.  This is another quality beer by Southern Tier.  It's a cool twist on a stout and definitely worth a try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment