About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Friday, January 17, 2014

Breckinridge - Christmas Ale





Breckinridge Brewery

Christmas Ale - Seasonal winter ale

This is the 11th beer out of the 12 beers of Christmas.  There was nothing about pipers piping, so I got a Christmas Ale.

This beer gives off a mahogany color.  It has a nice play between brown and red.  It' a translucent brew, with a nice fading of color when you hold it up to the light.  

The aroma of this brew has a nice malty note with hints of caramel.  There is a slight fruitiness in the aroma that has a raisin scent.  There is also a bit of piney hops in the aroma.  Nothing in this aroma is overpowering, but mild and balanced.

On the palate the piney hop flavor is the first thing that hits the tongue.  After the piney flavor goes away your tongue gets hit with some fruity sweetness, then there is a little bit of hop again, and then it finishes with a note of caramel.  The flavor is kind of crazy how it bounces around like that.  After I first tasted the beer I was like, wow, there is a ton going on.  As I kept drinking it, I kept saying that to myself.  

Overall this is a pretty good beer.  It has a nice mild aroma, that leads you to a beer that has a bunch of flavor.  The flavor is layered, and to strong.  It is a nice warming ale that keeps on warming your throat well after you drink it.  It's worth a try for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment