About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ommegang - Adoration





Brewery Ommegang 

Adoration - Dark Winter Ale

This is beer 10 from the 12 beers of Christmas my wife got me.  I know I am behind on posting these.  The 10 lords-a-leaping are represented by the kings on the bottle.

The color of this beer is a nice brownish mahogany.  It is slightly transparent allowing a little bit of light through it.  There is a slight reddish haze in the color as well.  

The aroma of this beer gives of hints of sugared candy, raisins and yeast.  There is also a slight hint of molasses.  The aroma is sweet without being overpowering.  It has a slight alcohol bite to it as well.

On the palate this beer is smooth and a little creamy.  There is a raisin and citrus blend going on that plays well with the molasses flavor.  There is a slight bitterness on the backend of this beer that is covered up a little bit by the alcohol essence of this brew.  The after taste is a bitter fruitiness that lingers on the tongue for a while.  There is a lot of flavor in this beer.  Adoration does a nice job of keeping the flavors under control.

Overall this is a nice winter ale.  It has a nice warming affect on the body, with out you noticing that there is a ton of alcohol in this beer.  For how sweet it is up front is has a nice contrast on the backend with the mild bitterness.  I wish the after taste didn't linger as long as it does, but it's not a deal breaker for me.  It is another nicely done brew by Ommegang.


No comments:

Post a Comment