About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, January 4, 2014

Coronado - Island IPA





Coronado Brewing Co.

Island IPA

This is the 9th beer of the 12 beers of Christmas from my wife.  She had trouble finding a beer I never had before with a dancing lady in it, so this one has a mermaid.  

The color of this beer is a nice a wonderful golden orange.  It had a nice light white head.  The beer is completely transparent, there is no cloudiness and you can read ( up side down ) when you look through this beer.

The aroma of this brew gives off a nice sweet grapefruit smell.  The smell gives off some mild hints if piney hops and the slightest note of that traditional IPA bitterness.

On the palate Islander IPA has a mild prickley carbonation.  The grapefruit flavor has that slight sweetness you notice in the smell.  There seems to be an other citrus fruit like mango that mixes with the grapefruit that adds to the flavor if this beer.  There is a nice hit of piney hops on the front side of this beer and it resurfaces on the backend a second or two after you finish your swallow.  The beer is nice a smooth for an IPA.

On the first sip of this beer I knew it was good and the more I drank it the more I liked it.  The flavors continue to develop the more you drink the beer.  It's a fantastic brew and worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment