About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, October 28, 2013

Tommyknocker - Maple Nut Brown




Tommyknocker Brewery & Pub

Maple Nut Brown Ale - A nut brown ale with a touch of maple syrup

The color of this beer is awesome.  Its a wonderful chestnut brown with a hint reddish/orange.  A very very enticing beer by the looks.

The aroma is a wonderful roasted malt, with a hint of caramel and of course a sweetness from the maple syrup.  There is also a note of alcohol in the smell of this beer.  It's a  wonderful blend of roasted malt, sweetness and alcohol.  

On the palate this beer is smoooooooth.  Goes down with ease and with barely any after taste to speak of.  The flavors are well balanced and there is very little alcohol sense.  The maltiness is wonderful and light, with a kick of sweetness that makes you want to come bak for more, and more.

Ok, this is easily one of my favorite nut brown ales.  It's so smooth and well balanced.  It's a very enjoyable beer.  The aroma and the taste are different, but they do compliment each other very well.  This is a beer you should definitely try.  A great job by Tommyknocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment