About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, October 24, 2013

Left Hand Brewing Co. - Oktoberfest




Left Hand Brewing Co.

Oktoberfest - Marzen Lager

The color of this beer is a crystal clear copper.  It's a beautiful color with the crispness of fall.

The aroma of this beer gives off hints of biscuit and malt.  There is a slight sweetness to the aroma as well, a light caramel.  The aroma fills the nose but it doesn't linger around.  

On the palate the beer is crisp and light.  It doesn't lay on the tongue but glides across it.  There is a bready, caramel flavor to this beer that also has a nice hoppy ring to it.  As the aroma, the flavors of this beer don't linger around.  The beer finishes crisp and clean, leaving you to want more.

As far as an Oktoberfest goes, this one is pretty good.  The cleanness and honpiness are most welcomed.  The bread, malt and caramel flavors are nice and keep that traditional feel.  It is a very nicely done beer by Left Hand Brewing Co..  The label art is pretty awesome too!      

No comments:

Post a Comment