About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Monday, October 21, 2013

Buffalo Bill's - Pumpkin Ale




Buffalo Bill's Brewery

America's Original Pumpkin Ale - Seasonal pumpkin ale

The color of this beer is an awesome rust orange.  The beer has a slight haze to it, and is just has body to make the lights bounce around in the beer.

The aroma of this beer is a wonderful season spice.  There is a nice balance of pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon.  It is a pleasant aroma that makes you want to taste the beer.

On the palate America's Original Pumpkin Ale has a crisp carbonation.  There is a sweetness to this beer, more so than spice.  The flavors are a thick pumpkin, molasses, and a slight spice, predominantly nutmeg.  The molasses sweetness lasts for a very long time on the tongue, and there are hints of bitterness as well.  

This is the most unique pumpkin ale I have had this season.  The sweetness is was something I was not expecting.  It's not bad, it's just different.  The aroma is wonderful and very inviting.  I wish it had a little more spice.  This is an interesting beer, and if you like your beers a little sweeter then go for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment