About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Evo - Jacques All Lantern




Evolution Craft Brewing Co.

Jacques All Lantern - Pumpkin spiced amber ale

The color of this beer is is a nice deep gold color.  It's nicely translucent, and clear.  The carbonation fizzed like a soda when it was poured, kind of weird, not a normal thing I usually here from a beer.

The aroma of this beer has some yeastiness, meaty pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon.  It is a nice scent.  I think it is well balanced with the right amount of kick.

On the palate the beer has a fruitiness a little sweeter than normal pumpkin, the seasonal spice is mild but balanced well with the sweet pumpkin flavor.  There is a slight bitterness on the backend.

This beer is a different type of pumpkin beer.  It's a sweeter, but not in a bad way, it has a nice belgian flare to it.  The spices go well with the sweetness and give this fall seasonal a different kind of taste a feeling than most.  A beer worth a try for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment