About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Thursday, October 17, 2013

Elysian - Night Owl




Elysian Brewing Co.

Night Owl - Pumpkin Ale

The color fo this beer is a wonderful golden orange.  The beer translucent with a slight haze. 

The aroma of this beer reminds me of my grammy's homemade pumpkin pie.  The pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and graham cracker crust; it is all present in this beer.  The aroma is strong, and it's got a lot going on.  It's surprising a beer has that much going on.  

On the palate this beer is more mild than the the aroma lends you to believe.  The Night Owl has a prickly carbonation, which to me was the first thing that I noticed.  There is a nice smoky pumpkin flavor with a balanced mild spice.  On the back end of the beer there is a mild bitterness that doesn't linger on the tongue.  

Ok, so, this is going to hurt some people.  I like this, I do, it has a lot going for it, but it is not the best pumpkin beer I have tried this season.  The aroma is flat out awesome!  The beer has a nice pumpkin flavor, smokiness, and a nice little kick of seasonal spice.  What I am not a fan of is the prickly carbonation.  That makes me say this beer is good, and not amazing.  I do recommend this beer though.     

No comments:

Post a Comment