About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Starr Hill - Boxcarr




Starr Hill Brewery

Boxcarr - Pumpkin spiced porter

The color of this beer is a rich dark brown.  

The aroma is a nice slight cinnamon, nutmeg, and a nice roasted malt.  There is also a little cocoa hint.  The aroma is balanced and pleasant, there is nothing over bearing or over done about it.

On the palate this beer has a crisp carbonation, that at first hides the flavors of the beer.  As the beer moves along the tongue the flavors start to come out.  The spice is very very mild in this beer.  It is not pronounced at all, but subtly there.  There is also a chocolate flavor that comes out, and blends very well with the season spice.  Something lacking from this pumpkin beer is pumpkin.  I get the pumpkin pie spices but no pumpkin.  That is a little disappointing, but it does not kill the flavor of Boxcarr.

Overall this is a decent beer.  Much better than the saison I had over the summer.  I wish there was more pumpkin in this beer.  The chocolate and seasonal spice are nice and the aroma is pleasant and enticing.  This is a decent beer, and for those who like a seasonal porter will most likely enjoy this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment