About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, March 1, 2014

21st Amendment - Lower Da Boom




21st Amendment Brewery

Lower Da Boom - American Barleywine Ale

The color of the brew is a wonderful chestnut brown.  With a nice mix of brown, red and orange, that play in the light.  The beer is translucent, more than transparent.  You can see through it slightly, but it's all fuzzy.

The aroma of this brewis sweet and fruity!  When my wife took a whiff of this beer, she said it smelled like a juice.  You will notice raisins, caramel, alcohol and some piney hops.  The sugary notes from this beer make you think of hard candy.  It's a well balanced aroma that makes you want to drink this brew right away. 

On the palate the mild carbonation gently tickles the tongue as you drink this flavorful brew.  The beers flavors come at you all at once, and then the last thing you notice is the piney hop finish that is mildly bitter and lingers just the right amount of time.  The alcohol in this beer warms the throat, and reminds you this is a beer to sip.  The caramel and dark fruits blend together on the front end of this brew and then give way to the hoppy finish.

Overall this is a pretty good brew.  It a solid Barleywine with a nice hoppy finish.  The sweetness is balanced very well by the bitterness.  Even though the smell of this beer screams sweet, this beer is not just sweet , and should please those who don't mind a beer with stones.  If you like barleywine beers me give this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment