About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, February 22, 2014

Innis and Gunn - Scottish Porter




Innis and Gunn Brewery

Scottish Porter - Porter with Molasses

The color of the brew is a rich deep mahogany, that gives a wonderful red hue off the edges.  The beer is dark, but not a solid looking beer like most porters.  This beer you can see through a little bit.

The aroma of this brew is not very much porter though.  There is a wonderful maltiness, that has a nice roastedness to it.  You also get a sweetness from the molasses and there is also an alcohol scent that comes out when taking a whiff.  It is a sweet smelling beer with a slight bit of porter maltiness.

On the palate this brew has a nice balance to it.  There is a lot of flavor and then a clean finish that leaves a nice mild aftertaste.  The first thing you get is a sweetness like syrup or burnt sugar.  As the beer goes down you notice the molasses that is followed by a cocoa and banana flavor, that ends with a little bit of bitterness.  I never would have thought this beer would have this kind of flavor considering the smell.  It's a nice light porter that has a really interesting flavor.

Overall I really like this beer, it has a unique flavor that I have never had before.  It's a nice a smooth beer, that's easy to drink and has a nice alcohol flavor tht doesn't overpower the beer.  This is a beer worth trying if you are looking for something different in the porter world.

No comments:

Post a Comment