About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, March 8, 2014

Evil Twin - Disco Beer




Evil Twin Brewing Co.

Disco Beer - IPA aged in Chardonnay barrels

The color of this brew is a rich caramel.  There is a cloudiness to it, that makes it nearly impossible for any light to get through.  The head is a light brown color that takes a while to go down.  

The aroma of this beer is sweet and a little musty.  There are lots of layers to this beer, the smell has hints of pine, caramel, fig, and dark fruits.  There is a slight sense of alcohol.  The aroma mellows out as the beer warms up.  The wine smell is balanced and faint, but it adds a nice accent to the overall scent of the beer.

On the palate this beer has a whole mess of flavor.  It is a little bit tart and bitter on the back end.  I get more of a malty taste with caramel and some darker fruits.  The beer gives off a slight smooth/creaminess as it coats the tongue and travels down the throat.  There is a little bit of spice hidden in this beer as well.  The after taste is where you notice the IPA. With the bitter bite, but besides that, there is not much IPA in this brew.  The fruitiness of I the beer sneaks in on the initial taste of the beer, if you drink it to fast you will miss it.

Overall this is an ok beer.  The after taste is not great an it lingers a little to long for me.  The front side of this beer is pretty good, I just am not a fan of the finish.  It is definitely an interesting beer and worth a try.  It was a little over priced... that seems to be a theme with Evil Twin beers.  An ok brew overall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment