About Me

This page is dedicated to my love of beer. I don’t mean just any beer either, but quality craft beer. My love of craft beer started many many moons ago. I discovered that there was beer out there that wasn’t your typical, always a commercial for during a sports game, or sponsor of something on that Sports channel the Centers around showing highlights. After my introduction to craft beer I started to want to learn more about it (I am still learning) and try as many different types of beer as possible.

So I will tell you what beer I am drinking, what the flavors are, and more if you are interested.


Saturday, May 17, 2014

Victory - Dirt Wolf




Victory Brewing Co.

Dirt Wolf - Double IPA

The color of this beer is a wonderfully enticing golden orange.  The head laces nicely down adding to the already great looking beer.  The beer is translucent through the center of the body with a slight haze.

The aroma is pleasant, not overpowering, giving off hints of grapefruit, a floral note and pine.  The pine is mild and on the back end of the beer and comes out more as the brew warms up.  The grapefruit is the main aroma you notice.  There is also a mild maltiness mixed in to balance out the beer.

On the palate there is a mild carbonation that lightly tickles the tongue.  The flavors are kind of all jumbled together.  The piney notes are blended together with the citrus flavors.  It's a little hard to really get a good sense of what you are tasting.  On the back end you really are left with a dryness, and bitterness from all the hops.  

For me, I want the flavors to be expressed in a better way.  If you like beers purely for hop value, then you will enjoy this offering from Victory, but I feel it's a bit jumbled.  The aroma and color are very good, but the flavor doesn't match the presentation.  It's not that it is a bad beer, it's just not what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment